* 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing polenta
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 6 ounces assorted sliced mushrooms (button, portabellas, shiitake, etc.)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons heavy cream
* 1 tube pre-cooked polenta (18 oz.)
* 4 ounces Brie, such as Ile de France, sliced into 12 pieces
* Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and butter. When butter has melted, add mushrooms and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream, and simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
* Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush lightly with olive oil. Carefully open the polenta and slice it into 1/2” thick rounds (you should have 12 total). Spread rounds on parchment paper, about an inch apart and brush lightly with olive oil. Season rounds with salt and pepper. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
* Remove rounds from oven and carefully flip with a small spatula. Top with Brie slices, then divide mushrooms and juices among the toasts. Season with pepper. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes, or until Brie has melted.
* Serve hot, garnished with fresh thyme, if desired. Serves 4-6