* 6 Tbsp. olive oil
* 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
* 2 shallots, unpeeled
* 7 oz. Chaumes® cheese, rind removed, cut into chunks
* 2 Tbsp. basil, chopped fine
* salt and pepper to taste
* Toss garlic cloves and shallots with 2 tablespoons of the oil, and bake wrapped in foil at 350°F. for 35-40 minutes or until soft. Let cool completely. Squeeze the garlic and shallots from their skins and reserve.
* Place the cheese, remaining oil, garlic and shallots in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
* Stir in chopped basil and adjust seasoning with salt and fresh pepper. Makes 1 cup