* 14 oz. Andouille sausage
* 20 oz. potatoes
* 3.5 + 1 oz. butter
* 8 oz. cream
* 1 Pont-l'Évêque cheese (7.75 oz)
* Finely ground salt
* Freshly ground pepper
* 4 gratin dishes - 6” in diameter
* Make some mashed potatoes using the butter and cream. Add seasoning.
* Cut up the Andouille sausage into four thick slices.
* Divide the puree into the 4 gratin dishes. Cut the cheese into pieces, and add on top of each pure. Bake in the oven until the top is crusty.
* Melt the rest of the butter in a frying pan. Add the slices of Andouille sausage. Fry them until they are crisp. Place them on top of the potatoes gratin and serve warm.
Advice: Cut up the cheese into big pieces so that they keep some of the texture even after they have been baked.