* 1 packet active dry yeast (1/4 oz.)
* 1 1/4 cups warm water
* 1/2 tsp. sugar
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp. salt
* 2 Tbsp. butter
* 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 2 cups red onion, sliced thin
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 8 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
* 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
* 8 oz. Saint André, rind removed, sliced
* 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
* Mix first 4 ingredients together in a bowl, and let stand for 5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, stir flour and salt together. Slowly add yeast mixture, stirring thoroughly to combine. Once a ball has formed, knead for 10 minutes. In a clean bowl, toss the ball of dough with additional olive oil, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise 1 hour in a warm dry place. Meanwhile, heat butter and vegetable oil in a large sauté pan until hot. Stir in sliced onions and cook without coloring until soft, season with salt and pepper and reserve.
* Preheat oven to 375°F.
* Once the dough has risen, pour it out onto a floured surface and divide into two balls. Let rest 10 minutes. Then roll the balls of dough out to 1/4 inch thick,and transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let rest for 10 minutes.
* For each pizza, layer the onions, smoked salmon, cheese, and capers over the dough. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil.
* Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown on the bottom.