Home Cheese how to
Smooth, rich and velvety, macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. Mix up the classic this summer by adding a blue cheese twist!
Our gourmet French blue cheeses make for spectacularly flavorful mac and cheese. For blue cheese lovers, it's heaven in a bowl! Making it from scratch is easy, too. It's as simple as boiling some pasta, melting a cheese sauce, mixing everything up and baking.
It's all about the cheese sauce, of course. Grating or cubing cheese just before melting helps maximize the flavor. While our Roquefort and St. Agur are divine blue cheeses, one of the secrets to making gourmet mac and cheese is using a few different kinds of cheeses. You don't want to go all blue and make the dish overpowering.
We suggest three or four varieties of cheeses - mixed together, melted and combined into a creamy sauce. Getting a distinctive character and delicious balance of flavor and creaminess is the goal – and it's easy with Ile de France cheeses. So get ready to savor some luxurious cheesiness this summer!
Ile de France Blue Cheese Mac & Cheese
1 pound penne pasta or twisted elbow macaroni.
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
1.5 cups of cubed Brie
1.5 cups of grated Comté or Fol Epi,
1.5 cups of crumbled Roquefort and St. Agur, mixed equally.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta until just before done (it will finish softening in the oven)
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly.
4. Slowly mix in milk and cream. Simmer until mixture thickens.
5. Reduce heat to low, add cheeses and mix until the cheeses melt.
6. Add cooked pasta to sauce, stir to coat.
7. Bake until golden brown on top - about 25 minutes.