Home Cheese how to
Making raclette recipes is a great way to savor the delicious flavors of gourmet cheese. Informal as well as cultivated, raclette is a dish that's perfect for low-key parties – especially during the winter months.
Many raclette recipes are surprisingly easy to make. Prepared with a special raclette grill, the melted cheese becomes a savory topping for an array of foods, including meats, veggies and potatoes.
Similar to how fondue is served, a raclette grill is placed at the center of a table and party goers prepare each of the foods individually.
The best time to enjoy this unique dish is during the winter – raclette has been a popular winter warmer since it first became popular at ski resorts in the French alps!
Use these 7 raclette tips and recipes to create the ideal raclette party experience:
1. The cheeses should be melted slowly in the grill. Overcooking gourmet cheeses effects the flavors and texture.
2. Vegetables, meats, poultry and seafood should be cut and stored prior to serving, then presented in small, individual bowls.
3. Prepare roughly 7 ounces of cheese and potatoes per guest.
4. In addition to potatoes, French baguette is a traditional food to serve with raclette. Have a couple types of bread available for guests to snack on before and during the meal.
5. Black pepper, salt and paprika are excellent spices to serve with raclette.
6. Use different pans for each type of meat, seafood and poultry.
7. Something light and refreshing is perfect for dessert after the relatively heavy and flavorful raclette meal – so serve fruit and light ice cream or sherbert for dessert!