The Secret Behind All Natural Ile de France Chèvre: Grass Fed Goats
Our Goat Cheese is a traditional fresh Chèvre from the French Rhône Alps region - where goats are fed grass. They graze outside ten months out of the year and are fed natural hay in the wintertime.
Their milk then takes a rich flavor that is the one of the soil and flowers of pre-alpine meadows. So it is not only the goats – it's the grass that makes our Chèvre unique and delicious.
Ile de France Goat cheese is slightly salty, a bit tangy and above all - fresh tasting, with a rich texture.
- When chilled, Ile de France Goat Cheese crumbles beautifully onto salads, and tastes great with crunchy greens, mixed vegetables and sweet, citrus fruits like berries.
- Unless using in a salad, always remove Goat Cheese from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving – it will soften enough to be spreadable and is fantastic on hearty breads like French baguettes.
Ile de France goat cheese is tangy and complements full, fruit-flavored white wines like Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. For red wine and goat cheese pairings, try a zesty Pinot Noir or Beaujolais Nouveau, which both balance goat cheese's salty profile. For more fantastic pairings, check out our top five goat cheese pairings page.
As for recipes, the fresh and smooth tanginess of Ile de France Goat Cheese adds fantastic flavors to many common dishes – and creates delectable combinations with many ingredients. From simple cobb salads to pumpkin soup to fettuccine pasta with salmon, goat cheese is a tasty part of all types of recipes. Scroll through the recipes to see new and delicious ways to enjoy goat cheese.
Serve this simple, hot goat cheese for a delicious snack or addition to salads.
- Slice a French baguette and a log of lle de France Goat Cheese into matching sizes.
- Place each slice of cheese on a slice of baguette.
- Season with black or espelette pepper and a bit of olive oil.
- Place in an oven and broil at 350 degrees until cheese softens and begins to brown
along the edges – about 5 to 10 minutes.