Home Cheese how to
Who says flavor and nutrition can't mingle? It's easy to include the famous flavors of French cheese in a balanced diet!
Cheese makes an ideal pair for all sorts of healthy foods - and Ile de France cheeses have some healthy benefits of their own, too.
Cheese is packed with calcium and protein, which helps make it such a delicious fruit and vegetable pairing. The calcium in Ile de France cheeses helps strengthen bones and teeth, while complex proteins provide a delicious energy boost.
From salads to fruit snacks and sandwiches, Ile de France cheeses are the perfect way to ensure healthy flavor. Try these tips and plan healthy recipes to savor for lunch, after work or before dinner and make French cheese part of a healthy 2014!
- Green vegetables with cheese offer great flavor and texture. Try a delicious blue cheese like St. Agur with your favorite light salad, or enjoy it with raw green vegetables like broccoli, tomatoes and cucumbers. Check out our Green Salads and Green Vegetable Pairing guides for tips.
- Mixed berries are packed with vitamins C, B and E along with a wealth of minerals. Better yet, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are irresistible with smooth cheeses like Ile de France Brie. For more ways to savor fruit with cheese, check out our fruit and cheese pairing pages!
- For something extra special, whip up a garden salad with sliced pears, arugula, and warm Camembert. Serve with light vinaigrette dressing. These combinations are also delicious with crumbled Ile de France Goat Cheese.
- Quinoa is tasty and healthy. It's delicious with our Goat Cheese, too! Try mixing quinoa with garlic and white beans and topping it with crumbled Chèvre or our new spreadable Goat Cheese.
- What' healthier than brussels sprouts? Make them taste great by serving them with sliced green apples and a side of our Roquefort or Crème de Blue. The cheese's famous saltiness contrasts deliciously with the sprouts tart flavor and apples' sweetness.