The joy of the holiday season is always enhanced with a bit of cheese. And what party is complete without wine? Combine the two for an irresistible holiday pairing treat!
Try these holiday wine and cheese pairings and savor the holidays just a little more!
- Beaujolais Nouveau is a famous seasonal French wine that's young, light and fruity. Try it with smooth, creamy flavors. Ile de France Brie, Camembert and Chèvre are all delicious with the annual French pleasure.
- Port Wines offer strong, sweet and fruity flavor that goes great with sharp, crumbly cheese like Ile de France Roquefort. Smooth cheeses like Raclette are delicious with port wines, too. Taylor Fladgate 10 year old Tawny Port is a particularly excellent option.
- What celebration would be complete without a bit of Champagne? Look for light Champagne to pair with smooth and creamy Ile de France Brie. Full-bodied, rich Champagnes are delicious with our tangy goat cheese while sweeter pink Champagnes go well with blue cheeses like St. Agur.
- Rosé wines with Ile de France Roquefort is a truly celebratory pairing. Sweet, airy and crisp, rosé will cleanse the palette and set it up for the Roquefort's incredibly creamy and flavorful profile.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic wine that makes a fantastic pairing for holiday feast favorites like roast beef and ham. The bold, acidic wine pairs deliciously with hard, pressed cheeses like Comté, Emmental, and Fol Epi. The delicious blue cheese flavor of our Roquefort and St. Agur make great pairings for it too.