Comfort foods are known for satisfying, no fuss flavor - as well as the positive memories and emotions they conjure.
Wholesome recollections of traditional, hearty meals and soothing company are what keep people coming back to the same comfort foods year after year.
While familiar, there's no reason comfort foods should be boring.
In fact, putting a gourmet spin on traditional comfort foods is a trend that's caught on among foodies all over the world. That's especially true in the U.S where chefs explore traditional American foods and present them in ever more flavorful ways.
One of the best ways to put a gourmet spin on comfort foods is adding fine cheese.
Here are a few of our favorite comfort foods featuring French cheese:
• French Toast
– A hearty and delicious breakfast staple, French toast can be enjoyed anytime, and is easily spruced up with fromage. Our French toast with Entremont Beaufort cheese
is a delicious and original option.
Recent recipe contest participants have made French toast with Camembert cheese
and Ile de France Brie
, both of which show off the versatility of this favorite.
• Macaroni and Cheese
– Food lovers of all ages love mac and cheese, and our gourmet macaroni and cheese recipes add a decidedly gourmet flare to the popular dish. Simply adding a mixture of gourmet-melted fromage transforms any pasta into a true food lover's delight.
• Omelettes and Quiche Lorraine
are egg-based dishes that are perfect for showcasing the flavors and textures of
• Soups and Gratins
– A warm bowl of soup is as comforting a food as there is, and many soups become gourmet experiences with the addition of a fine cheese.
Try a simple French onion soup
or potato leek soup
• Comfort Desserts
– If a sweet and savory dessert is more your idea of comfort food than a hearty meal,
our cheese desserts
will have you relaxed and satisfied in no time.
Our goat cheese cheesecake
recipe puts the fresh taste of Ile de France goat cheese into a classic cheesecake.
• And, of course, chocolate – For some, chocolate is the ultimate comfort food.
For chocolate lovers who also enjoy gourmet cheese,
we have all kinds of chocolate and cheese pairing ideas
to satisfy your dual gourmet indulgences!