Home Cheese how to
Pack some gourmet flare into packed lunches with simple cheese snacks
Lunch often becomes an after thought during the work or school week. Eating on the run or at the desk, lunch can become more like a fuel stop than a meal. Many days, busy schedules mean flavor is barely taken into consideration.
Fortunately, there's an easy to way to make weekday lunches a much more pleasurable experience: Cheese.
Adding just a bit of creamy Ile de France Brie, fresh-tasting Ile de France Goat Cheese or salty blue cheeses can make simple, ordinary lunch items truly come alive with flavor. And adding cheese won't increase the time it takes to pack, prepare or eat your lunch.
Tips for quick gourmet weekday lunches
- Try our gourmet cheese mini bites - they are perfect for lunches at work or school. Easy to pack, they offer the perfect amount of gourmet flavor on the go.
- A two or three ingredient lunch can be satisfying, healthy, flavorful and most importantly, easy. Bring a baguette and two or three fine cheeses, meats, cut vegetables and favorite condiments – that's all you need for a très bon and satisfying lunch. Mix and match the items into bite sized snacks or full sandwiches.
- Simple pairings like strawberries and Ile de France goat Cheese, sliced apples and Etorki, or tomatoes and Brie make a flavorful (and healthy) addition to any lunch.
- Raw broccoli, cauliflower and grapes can serve as snacks throughout the day. Try packing some in sandwich bags and snacking on them along with a cubed hard cheese like Emmental or Fol Epi.
- Berries are a perfect summer lunch item. Pack a wedge of creamy Ile de France Brie with your lunch and simply eat it with a fork along with ripe blueberries and raspberries.
- Looking for something a bite heartier? One of our Twitter Followers (thanks @AliceWinkler!) suggests a turkey, brie and cranberry chutney pinwheel.
"Simply take a whole wheat wrap, layer the brie, turkey and chutney (pretty thin!) then roll up and cut in circles," she suggests.
For a more robust lunch item, try or guide to making gourmet ham and cheese sandwiches!