The CLB must say – what a FANTASTIC way to use cheese. Just in time for the weekend, too! Perfect weekend snack to munch on, serve friends or enjoy on the couch with your fav team’s game on. MMMMMM. Take it away Gertrude!
Besides eating the cheeses with fresh fruits and crackers I used some of the Brie cheese to make these Pizza Cups. I just love the gooey and oozy brie when they just came out of the oven. They are simply divine. What a great alternative to the usual mozzarella cheese.
1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let it stand about 10 minutes or until frothy.
2. In a large bowl combined the flour, olive oil and salt. Stir in the yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Knead it into smooth dough. (you might need to add another 2 tbsp of flour to it). Cover and let it rise to double in volume.
3. In the meantime, combined cooked chicken, olives, onions, cheddar, pepper and marinara sauce in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
4. Get ready a muffin pan. Greased with some melted butter. In a working table, dust with some flour. Roll out the pizza dough and cut out the dough to fit into your muffin pan.
5. Fill it up with the fillings, and top it with a slice of brie. Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven until the pizza cups are bubbly and brown. Garnish it with some basil. Let the pizza cups cool down a bit on the muffin pan before removing it. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Pizza dough ingredients: