4 ruby beets
4 golden yellow beets
1/2 red onion or 3 shallots, minced
1/4 c sherry vinegar
1/4 c olive oil, plus extra for dressing greens
arugula for garnish
1 cup Ile de France goat cheese
1/2 cup candied pecans (recipe follows)
salt and pepper to taste
Try to use gloves when handling red beets as they can be very messy
1. peel beets and slice in 1/4 ‘ slices. season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. wrap the two colored beets in separate in foil packets
3. roast in 400 degree oven 15-20 minutes until slightly al dente, remove and let cool.
4. rough chop the cooled beets and pulse in food processor until finely minced like “tartar”
5. fold in the chopped shallots to the two separate chopped beets, then add remaining olive oil and sherry vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
6. to assemble take a metal ring mold or metal can (like tuna fish with both ends cut out) and fill halfway with red beet mixture, then a few crumbles of goat cheese.
7. top with golden beet mixture and a few more crumbles of goat cheese. Repeat three more times for four portions.
8. to serve unmold on a plate with dressed argula greens and candied pecans
Total points: 760.42
To see more recipes got back to iledefrancecheese.com/blog