Try guest blogger Rebecca’s fabulous Sumac Spiced Salad with Chaumes!
I made this wonderful salad last week and got to try out the Sumac seasoning I got in the Spice Bazaar. Sumac is a plant the drupe or flowering part is ground to make a spice powder that imparts a citrus taste. I was fortunate to receive some Chaumes cheese from Ile de France – it’s a Southwestern French Soft Cheese, with a creamy taste and lovely texture.
* a big bowl full of mixed greens
* one tomato quartered
* a hand full of blueberries
* one small Persian cucumber sliced
* one tablespoon of good quality extra virgin olive oil
* one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
* sumac powder sprinkled on the top to taste
* about 8 wedges of chaumes
1. simple toss all the ingredients together and enjoy with fresh ciabatta or a French baguette