Looking for the perfect Memorial Day burger recipes?
Try our Jalapeno Chil Burger with Fol Epi! These smoky burgers marry well with the mild, nutty flavor of Fol Epi. The moderate heat from fresh jalapeño peppers add a suprising kick!
* 3/4 lbs. lean (10% fat) ground beef
* 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped jalapeño (about 1/2 large jalapeño)
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* 11/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1 Tbsp. ancho chili powder
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 3/4 tsp. salt
* 8 Fol Epi® cheese, divided
* 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
* 6 bulkie rolls, split
* 1 large avocado, sliced
* Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Oil grates right before using. Shred approximately 3 oz. Fol Epi® into a large bowl (you should have about 3/4 cup), cut remaining Fol Epi® into 6 equal slices and set aside. Into the bowl with the shredded Fol Epi®, add beef, jalapeño, cilantro, Worcestershire, chili powder, cumin and salt, and mix just until combined. Shape into 6 patties, about 4″ in diameter.
* Grill burgers 5-7 minutes per side or until almost cooked through (temperature should read 160°°F on an instant read thermometer). Top each burger with a slice of Fol Epi®, turn off heat and let stand 3-5 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
* Place tomato slices and burgers on bottom halves of rolls. Top with avocado and remaining halves of rolls.