Le Gamin in NY
Burger / Sandwich
Rich, savory St. Albray cheese with mushrooms, onions & red peppers on a crunchy baguette prepared at Le Gamin in Brooklyn, NY.
- St Albray cheese- 2 slices per sandwich
- French baguette
- mustard vinaigrette
- caramelized onions (2 Spanish onions, diced cooked in vegetables oil for 35-45 minutes until golden brown)
- sauteed button mushrooms (3-4 pieces per sandwich)
- roasted red bell peppers (1/4 per sandwich)
To prepare the vinaigrette: (makes 2 cups)
- Mix well together 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- /2 cup olive oil
- cup vegetable oil
- /2 cup chopped tarragon and parsley.
To prepare the sandwiches:
- Cut the baguette in half and spread the vinaigrette on both sides.
- Add caramelized onion, then slices of St Albray cheese.
- Add the caramelized mushroom on top, the roasted red peppers.
- Put the open sandwich in the oven briefly until the cheese is melted.
- Season with fresh pepper.
- Fold up the sandwich, cut in half, and serve with mix salad.