- 1 log (18 oz.) prepared polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups escarole, finely chopped (1 small head, about 12 oz.)(1)
- 1/4tsp. salt
- 1/8tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp. lemon peel, grated
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 3 oz. Saint Agur® Blue cheese, crumbled, room temperature
- 3/4 cup finely sliced roasted red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place polenta on a nonstick baking sheet and brush both sides using 1 Tbsp. oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil over medium- high heat and cook garlic 1 minute. Add escarole, salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 7 minutes (if escarole begins to stick, add 1 Tbsp. water). Remove from heat and stir in pine nuts and lemon peel; keep warm.
- Bake polenta 5 minutes. Top with escarole and bake an additional 3 minutes, or until polenta turns golden brown. Top with cheese and let stand a few minutes to soften slightly. Garnish with slivers of roasted red pepper and serve.
The greens can be made 1 day in advance. Bring to room temperature and increase baking time to 5 minutes.