Sandrines in Boston, MA
Ile de France Goat Cheese
- 5 oz Ile de France goat cheese
- 12 oz Smoked Tuna (but you can use smoked salmon or smoked haddock)
- 12 oz of spinach leaves
- ½ bunch of chervil
- 1 red onion
- 1 apple
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the stems from the spinach and chop finely. Do the same with the chervil, the onion and the apple.
- Cut thinly the smoked tuna as well. In a bowl mix the vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil in order to prepare the dressing for the salad.
- For presentation purposes I like to use a ring. Arrange all the ingredients in the ring starting with the tuna at the bottom, the spinach, apple, onion and the goat cheese slices on top.
- (Use a thin thread such as floss to cut the goat cheese into thin slices.) Remove the ring and sprinkle with the dressing. Et voila, light and fresh spring salad with the wonderful tangy Ile de France goat cheese.