Ile de France Brie
- 2 Granny Smith or tart apples
- 6 ounces ripe Ile de France Brie (with or without the rind), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachio, or whole pine nuts
- 1/4 cup lavender or herb-flavored honey, or a good quality honey of your choice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant.
- Meanwhile, core the apples and cut 8 to 10 thin slices from each (with skin). The slices should be thick enough to hold the Brie and topping. Blot the apple slices with a paper towel to help the cheese adhere to them.
- Cut the cheese (with or without the rind) into 20 thin slices. Criss-cross two Brie slices on top of each apple slice.
- In a small bowl, mix the toasted nuts and honey with a generous grinding of pepper. Place a dollop on top of each Brie slice.
- Arrange on a plate and serve at room temperature.
Sliced Apples with Ile de France® Brie and Lavender Honey-Nut topping,