Madeleine’s Petit Paris in NJ
Madeleine’s Petit Paris is a French Restaurant and Catering Hall serving light French Cuisine in the Northern New Jersey Click here to visit the website.
- 2 oz Sweet Breads blanched and skinned
- 1/4 lb Ile de France Roquefort Cheese
- 1/2 oz wild mushrooms
- 1/2 oz plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 Tbsp diced Chives
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 small Savoy Cabbage
- 4 oz aluminum cups
- 1 Potato
- 1/2 tsp soft butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp of brown sauce
- In a small frying pan melt butter and sauté mushrooms till soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Blanche a few leaves of cabbage and remove the vein in the center, dry on paper towel and let cool.
- Mix sweetbreads, Ile de France Roquefort Cheese, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, parsley, and chives together with a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 4oz cup with soft butter. Mold a cabbage leave into the cup and fill with the sweetbread mixture. Bake in a bain-marie at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Peel the potato and cut in thin slices. Oil a small frying pan and arrange potato slices overlapping in a circular fashion. Cook until golden brown, turn over and cook bottom side until golden brown.
- On a plate arrange the potatoes in the middle, top with sweetbreads cabbage and glaze with brown sauce.