Madeleine’s Petit Paris in NJ
Madeleine’s Petit Paris is a French Restaurant and Catering Hall serving light French Cuisine in the Northern New Jersey Click here to visit the website.
- Potato Based Crêpe Batter
- 1 Idaho Potato
- 2oz Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2oz Egg Whites
- 1oz Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 1oz Ile de France Brie Cheese
- 2 cup Frisee salad mixed together with a Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Truffle Oil
- Peel, cut and boil potatoes in water until over cooked. It is important to over cook the potatoes or the batter will have a lumpy consistency. Strain the potatoes and mash together with flour, egg, egg whites, heavy cream and salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lightly butter a non-stick pan. On medium heat spoon crêpe batter into silver dollar sized pancakes. Place one piece of Brie Cheese into the middle of the pancake. Flip when golden brown and finish cooking the other side until both sides are golden brown.
- On a plate arrange the Frisee salad and top with the finished Crêpe, drizzle with truffle oil. Garnish with a cherry tomato and chives if desired.