Chicks Café & Wine Bar in PA
Ile de France Goat Cheese
Simple, savory salad with goat cheese and pear.
- Ingredients for vinaigrette:
- 1 Bartlett pear (peeled, seeded and roasted)
- 1 shallot (roasted)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive or grape seed oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 head Butterhead or Boston bibb lettuce cleaned
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 2 Bartlett pears sliced
- 1 Log Ile de France Goat Cheese (10.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds (use the sliced and blanched almonds)
- Preparation of Vinaigrette: In a cuisinar or blender chop the roasted shallot and pear then add Dijon mustard and sherry vinegar. Slowly add the oil in a stream while blender is running. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving: In a large bowl toss the greens and pears with enough dressing to coat the leaves. Plate the greens and top with the toasted almonds. Crumble a 1/4 of the goat cheese log onto each plate.
Pear and Almond Salad with Goat Cheese,