Coquette Bistro in PA
Ile de France Brie
- 1 cup baby French lentils
- 1 green zucchini, cut into 1/2″ slice
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2″ slice
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2″ slice
- 1 tomato, cut into 1/2″ slice
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 4-6oz. Ile de France Brie
- Soak the lentils in water for 15 minutes, drain and place in a 4 qt pot. Cover with 2 cups water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Toss the sliced vegetables in the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables until soft, then slice into 1/4″ strips and set aside.
- Drain the lentils and allow to cool.
- In four, 4″ ramequins press about 3 tablespoons of the lentils into the molds, top with a few slices of Ile de France Brie, and cover with the grilled vegetables.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and allow the Tian to set, then turn them over into a shallow bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with your favorite fresh herb.
Lentil Tian with Brie,