Fredericks in NY
Ile de France Brie
Delicious Brie Cheese wrapped spring rolls, slightly fried & dipped in honey mustard dressing. Prepared by Chef Gwen in New York City.
- 8 Ile de France Single Serve Brie
- 8 spring roll shells
- 1 egg
- 3 qt. vegetable oil (for frying)
- Fresh pepper
- Some Boston lettuce (for garnish)
- For the honey-mustard dip:
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. vinegar
- 2 Tsp. olive oil
- Take the Brie out of the package, and cut it in half. Crack the egg, beat it with a fork, then set aside.
- Thaw out the spring roll pastry as per the instructions in the package. Separate carefully a spring roll layer, avoid ripping, and lay it on a flat surface. (Cover the spring roll shells that are not in use with a damp cloth, or paper towel in order to prevent them from drying out.) Brush it with egg beat along the edges.
- Place the Brie halves in opposite directions about 1 from the edges. Sprinkle with fresh pepper. Fold the shell around the cheese, then roll, then fold and roll again, for an even distribution of the pastry. Seal the end with the egg beat, then set aside.
- Honey-mustard dip: In a small bowl, mix the Dijon mustard with honey, vinegar and olive oil. (You may add a bit of water if you find it too thick for your taste).
- Deep fry the spring rolls at 350°F for about 3 minutes (until golden brown). Drip off excess oil onto paper towel. Set the lettuce on the bottom of the plate, cut the spring rolls in halves, and serve with the honey-mustard dip.
Ile de France Single Serve Brie Crispy Spring Rolls,