lci Urban Bistro in
French Bistro Live travels to Washington D.C. to meet Chef Robert Wiedmaier who makes a delicious recipe with Camembert and Bing Cherries.
- 8 Washington State Bing Cherries, pitted
- 4 T Butter, split
- 4 T Sugar
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 2 T Banyuls Vinegar
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 T Chiffonade Tarragon
- 2 T Olive Oil
- Baguette, sliced on the bias
- Brush olive oil on the sliced baguette, grill lightly on both sides and set aside.
- Place a sauce pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Add 2 T butter and cook until slightly brown and foamy.
- Add cherries and cook 1-2 minutes until cherries are shiny and slightly soft.
- Add sugar and cook until caramelized. Deglaze the pot with brandy and Banyuls vinegar.
- Reduce until the liquid is thickened and has a sauce consistency.
- Add the remaining 2 T butter, tarragon & pinch of salt; stir to fully incorporate.