For the past 30 years, Versailles Bistro & Pâtisserie has been a popular local restaurant in Greenwich, Connecticut. Versailles is a family-owned institution that continues the tradition of offering authentic French comfort food in a warm setting. We offer seasonal French classics using local harvests and slow cooking methods. Our French pastries are baked in-house and they're delicious.
- 1 banquette (toasted)
- 12 oz. Hanger Steak, (marinated 6-12 hours) thinly sliced on a bias.
- 2 lg. Sweet onions (sliced thin)
- 8 oz. Ile de France Brie cheese
- 2 oz. Granola oil
- Tenderize Hanger steaks with Jaccard tenderizer.
- Sautéing Onions- Heat sauté pan on high, add canola oil and sliced onions.
- Keep pushing onions around with a spatula. Do not allow to burn.
- When caramelizing starts lower heat to medium and continue to sauté
- Until the sugar in the onion turns dark brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pre-heat grill and broiler on high heat.
- Put steaks on grill about 5-6 minutes per side
- Remove from heat and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice steaks on the bias across the grain
- Toast interior of the baguette. Shingle steak onto baguette top with caramelized onion
- Then the Brie. Place open sandwich under the broiler until cheese is melted and runny.
- Bon a petite
Grilled Sliced Hanger Steak on baguette with caramelized onions and Brie,