Bistro Des Amis in Texas
- Gourmandise Cheese
- 1/3 cup of Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons of Cherry Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped chive
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cheese balls:
- 1 egg – whisked
- 10 – 15 Seedless Red Grapes
- Mix all of the above ingredients with a whisk until smooth. Fill a pastry decorating bag with the remainder of the cheese mixture. You will want to use a “flower tip” to squeeze the mixture onto the endive & cherry tomato.
- Endive – separate the leaves of the endive into individual pieces and decorate with cheese spread.
- Cherry tomatoes – cut just the top of the cherry tomato off… decorate the tomato with the cheese mixture and then place the top on the cheese spread.
- Once the cheese balls are hard your next step is to bread each individual cheese ball. First dip each ball into the flour, then into the egg then into the breadcrumbs.
- Then quickly deep fry all your cheese balls until they have a nice crispy skin. Remove from deep fryer.
- Using decorative toothpicks… Spear one grape then a cheese ball and place on platter.