Pascal’s on Ponce in Coral
Ile de France Goat Cheese
- French Haricot Vert
- Walnut Oil
- Diced Shallots
- Salt and cracked Black Pepper
- Goat Cheese (room temperature)
- Fresh Thyme
- Diced Tomato
- Optional: Pecans
- Blanche the haricot. In order to do so, boil water and season it with salt. When the water is boiling, add the haricot vert. After about two minutes, remove the haricot and shock them in ice water. This helps them to not overcook and cool them down. It also helps keep the bright and beautiful green color. Pat the haricot with a towel and add diced shallots and cracked black pepper for seasoning.
- In another bowl, add fresh thyme and whisk in some spanish vinegar, walnut oil and a touch of olive oil. Add sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Blend or whip the goat cheese for about two minutes to give it a silky texture. While you’re blending the goat cheese, add freshly cracked black pepper, salt and a drizzle of olive oil for flavor.
- Season the haricot with salt pepper and the freshly diced tomato. Arrange on a plate the way you desire and garnish with pecans toasted with a drizzle of honey.
French Haricot Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette and a Goat Cheese Crostini,