Sandrines in Boston, MA
Crispy croquettes with Supreme Cheese prepared specially for Ile de France Cheese.
- 1 Suprême cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 5 tablespoons warm milk
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour and 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove crust from the Suprême, and mash well with a fork until it is really smooth.
- Prepare a bechamel sauce (melt butter and add flour). Cook 2 min. Stir in the milk to get a smooth, thick sauce. Add salt and pepper and let cool. Mix in the cheese to make a firm mix.
- Take small amount of cheese mixture and roll between floured hands to make cork shaped croquettes. Beat the egg with 2 tablespoon of cold water and use to coat the croquettes.
- Roll in flour, then egg and finally bread crumbs and deep fry them in hot oil until golden brown. (2-3 minutes).
- Drain on an absorbent paper towel. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Croquettes de Suprême,