Brasserie Julien in NY
Comté, Fol Epi, Beaufort
Chef Phillippe prepares his favorite fondue recipe from Brasserie Julien in New York City.
- 12 oz of Fol Epi
- 6 oz of Comté
- 6 oz of Beaufort
- Dry White Wine
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 oz of Kirschwasser cocktail mixers
- French Baguette (or your favorite condiment to dip in fondue)
- Fondue pot/set
- Cut the rind off of the Fol Epi, Comté and Beaufort cheeses. Then cut all cheeses in 1/4 inches of a square, but not too big.
- Rub the clove of garlic very well into the bottom of the pan and heat on medium heat.
- Add all the cheeses and fill up the pot to about 3/4 of the way with white wine.
- As the cheeses are melting, mix the dijon and kirschwasser. When the cheeses have all melted, add and mix in the dijon and kirschwasser well.
- Cut the baguette into bite size pieces.
Cheese Fondue Savoyarde,