Fredericks in NY
Ile de France Brie
Tartiflette with Potatoes, onions, brie cheese, bacon prepared by Chef Philippe in New York City.
- 20 oz. Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 large Spanish onions (sweet onions)
- 12 slices of bacon
- 12 oz. Ile de France Brie, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Salt and pepper for flavoring
- Olive oil
- Cook the Yukon potatoes in their skin and slice them into 1/4 inch slices keeping their skin on.
- Dice up the onions and sautéed until caramelized, with a touch of olive oil, then set aside.
- Cut the bacon up into small strips. Using the same frying pan, sautéed until golden, then set aside. Keep the fat and put the potato slices in, and sautéed until crispy. When the potatoes are ready, add the onions and the bacon, and mix well together.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- If you have a ring put larger potato slices at the bottom, then add the rest on, trying to alternate layers. Place the Brie on top. If you don’t have a ring, just pile up the mix on top of a potato base.
- Just before serving:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F. Place the Tartiflette in the oven until the cheese starts to melt. Then put the tartiflette on a plate and serve hot. You also can add a small salad of your choice on the side.
Brie Cheese Tartiflette with bacon & potatoes,